Thursday, December 6, 2012

Two sides of a coin

I was unemployed. I mean bottom of the barrel unemployed. I had cashed out my 401K for 13.74 and half a tube of stale cool ranch Pringles. I did, however, have Jr. Employee status at my local bar so could still afford to get drunk. And on that night I was a viking. As I made way home I realized I needed some supplies from the grocery store. Stumbling through the aisles I grabbed only what I needed, and only what was the cheapest they had. Fixins' for baloney sammiches and toilet paper. It was a classy night all around.

I made it home safely (thank you lizard brain!), put my things away, and passed out. Having no obligations other than the occasional weeping jag, I slept until lunch time. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I went into my kitchen to make coffee, ramen, and a tasty baloney sammich. As I pulled out the pack of mystery meat I was confronted by the manufacturer of my generic brand of...stuff. "Red Dot".

So it was that I made my soup and sandwich and watched my stories. A few hours later it was time for me to make a lil trip to the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet, I reached for the toilet paper I had bought the night before. As I began to rip it open I saw the generic logo. "Red Dot."

Those bastards got me coming and going.

No comments: